July?? I can’t believe summer is here! Welcome to triple digits! Here is some great information from webmd on heat exhaustion, symptoms and treatment: Web MD Heat Exhaustion
Here are 10 simple tips and reminders you can do for riding in the heat
1) Either plan your ride early in the am or late at night and keep it short if its going to be super hot. If possible, don’t go alone!
2) If the forecast is going to be hot, plan what day you will ride and start hydrating now! Water water water!
3) Wear a neck wrap cooler and keep an iced bottle of water in your cage to keep the neck wrap cold at all times. When your neck gets warm, just dump the cold water on the neck wrap and place around your neck again. It helps keep your body temperature down.
4) Make sure to have electrolytes mixed in with your water.
5) Take salt tabs or endurolytes before and during your ride
6) Wear sunblock everywhere!
7) Bring snacks that are easily digestable
8) Choose a ride that has some shade and a water source if possible
9) Reduce the length and intensity of your ride
10) And lastly, pay really close attention to how your body is reacting to the heat at all times!
Since summer is here, the “cooler” trails are getting a lot more use. So sometimes you will find a lot of riders, hikers and even equestrians on the trails at the same time. GGR supports multi use trails and sharing the trails. Please be courteous to all, yield to hikers, equestrians and if you are descending, please yield to the climbers. Even stop and say HELLO! Respect and kindness go along way with all! Please refer to the trail etiquette rules here: http://www.girlzgoneriding.com/trail-etiquette.html
CO ED NIGHT RIDES!
Please keep an eye out on the GGR Google calendar & our FB page for our super fun, all level night rides.
Coming up August 8th and August 9th is GGR’s 2nd annual women’s weekend in Big Bear!This is a super fun, relaxed weekend of guided rides and socializing.
Saturday August 8th is Snow Summit day. Guided rides for both XC and DH runs. Group dinner Saturday night.
Sunday you have 3 choices!
Down hill day at Snow Summit
XC day at Fawnskin
Intro to ENDURO at Rim Nordic!
The girlz in Purple…..
We hear this a lot now! GGR has grown to over 1300 members with 3 chapters. So it’s not uncommon to see a purple streak of lady riders on the trails! When wearing a purple jersey, we represent kindness, great trail etiquette, friendliness and a welcoming spirit.
Rocktober news! If you have not been keeping up with the new supporters and exhibitors, well just take a look here! http://www.girlzgoneriding.com/rocktober-event-exhibitors–supporters-2015.html
Haven’t ordered your new GGR Chapter jersey’s yet?? Order them here! They take less than 2 weeks to be made and delivered!
If you want to exhibit at this fun event and get in front of the largest all female mountain bike community in the US, please email email@example.com for information. It’s easy!
Until next time, smile and say hello to the girlz in purple on the trails!
GGR Girl Wendy E